Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Program
The VPK Advantage
The Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program (VPK) offers free pre-K classes to four and five year olds in Florida. This state program aims to help children during this critical period of their development. By offering free prekindergarten at Lake Montessori, we are able to prepare your child for school and facilitate their brain development during this critical time.
Why Lake Montessori?
- We’re the only Montessori school in Leesburg.
- We’re focused on creating successful learners, responsible individuals, and effective citizens.
- We offer a variety of great programs, including gardening, piano lessons, STEM club, girls scouts and boy scouts, soccer, and more.
- As a Montessori school, we are focused on the student as an individual, helping to foster their love of learning and natural curiosity about the world.
- We don’t simply teach academics — we teach values.
VPK Program at Lake Montessori
At Lake Montessori, we are thrilled to participate in Florida’s VPK program, offering free prekindergarten to children ages four and five. As a Montessori school in Leesburg, we have a deep understanding of just how important preschool is, and we are proud that the Sunshine State has chosen to recognize this by covering tuition to participating schools. Prekindergarten not only gives children the jump start they need to succeed in school, our preschool program in Leesburg is proud of our ability to help develop caring citizens and independent individuals.
The Importance of Pre-K
There are decades of research that supports the idea that preschool offers students both short term and long-term benefits, including:
- Improved readiness for school
- Higher graduation rates
- Lower crime rates
- Higher earnings
- Better reading skills and richer vocabularies
- Better math skills
The Lake Montessori Advantage
As a Montessori school, we offer the quality preschool education your child needs to thrive. The Montessori method is characterized by:
- A focus on independent, self-directed learning
- Fostering community and respect for others
- Developing a passion for education
- Enhancing creativity and critical thinking skills
If you’re interested in enrolling in the VPK program, contact us today!