Policies & Procedures
At Lake Montessori, students receive a world-class education in a happy and caring environment with wonderful teachers.
- Be Proactive – Do the right thing even when no one is watching
- No Harm – Keep your hands and feet to yourself and respect the environment
- Be Mindful – Listen to the teacher and others when they are talking
- Begin with the End in Mind – what is the purpose of what you are doing? How will it improve you?
Lake Montessori Stands on Four Pillars
- The cultivation of our students with a passion for excellence in everything they do, both inside and outside of school
- The development of a strongly held set of universal values which include: self-respect, respect for others, honesty, integrity, responsibility, empathy, compassion, kindness, peacefulness, a sense of concern for others, warmth, and a love of community
- The development of a global perspective and a sense of international understanding
- A lifelong commitment to giving something back through service to others who are in need
Florida Statutes Chapter 39 states that any person who has knowledge, or reasonable cause to suspect that a child is being abused or neglected must report that information to the Florida Abuse Hotline (1-800-96-ABUSE). By law, failure to report suspicions of child maltreatment is a first degree misdemeanor, as is interfering with or preventing another person from making a report. Knowingly making a false report is a third degree felony.
ALL FLORIDA CITIZENS ARE MANDATED REPORTERS OF CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT.